The Gardener’s Choice Coffee Shop is now OPEN!< < Back to News & Events
We are delighted to be able to welcome you back to The Gardener’s Choice Coffee Shop! Although circumstances are different our team has worked extremely hard to ensure that we still offer good quality food and an enjoyable experience and as always we greatly appreciate your custom and support.
EXPERIENCE & SAFETY
How are we keeping everyone safe?
We have implemented a range of social distancing and safety measures to protect both our customers and wonderful team. Please read the below before you visit – we respectfully ask all customers to abide by the measures we are implementing and we thank you for your patience.
- Our tables both inside and outside have been distanced from each other
- There is a one-way system in place within the Coffee Shop
- We have a meet and greet service to show you to the next available table for your party size
- Staff will be wearing visors / masks
- Following government guidance, we will ask that the lead member of your group provides contact details to assist with the NHS test and trace, please note this information will not be used for any other purpose and will be destroyed 21 days after your visit. The form is located on our single use paper menus and all sections need to be completed.
- We have screens up at our tills, where you will order your food and drink
- Contactless card payments are preferred, but we will take cash and gift vouchers
- Both drinks and food are brought to your table
MENU – FOOD & DRINK
What Food / Drink options are available?
Initially we will be operating a limited food menu, however we will aim to provide a selection of choices, including some of your favourites! There will be no changes to the hot and cold drinks options.
Are you still serving afternoon tea?
Initially we will not be serving afternoon tea.
For those who currently have afternoon tea vouchers, we will continue to honour these once we are serving afternoon tea again. We have temporarily suspended selling afternoon tea vouchers.
WHAT IS DIFFERENT IN THE GARDENER’S CHOICE COFFEE SHOP?
- The opening times are now 9.30am – 4.30pm Monday to Saturday and 10.00am – 4.30pm on a Sunday
- The last orders for food will be 4.00pm
- Lunches are served from 11.30am to 2.30pm
If you were a regular visitor to The Gardener’s Choice Coffee Shop, you will now notice that we are doing things a little differently when you next visit:
- Firstly you must follow the one way system in the Garden Centre to reach Coffee Shop
- Upon arrival, you’ll be greeted by a member of our team, who will take you to one of our tables, so we’ll just ask everyone to wait patiently until we have found a table for you. We have space for 62 inside to sit safely and a further 2 tables outside. During busy periods, you might have to wait until we have a table available, we have a safe queuing system in place.
- Please use the hand sanitiser at the entrance to The Gardener’s Choice Coffee Shop
- We have reduced the number of tables/chairs to ensure the appropriate social distancing, please do not move or re-position any furniture
- We are now using single use paper menus which include a section for the test and trace information to be completed
- Once you have been shown to your table and are ready to place your order, ONE member of your party will need to make their way to the till point, to order and pay for your food/drinks. Please ensure that you make a note of your table number. Please follow the arrows on the floor. Don’t forget to hand in your test & trace form / menu
- If possible please order any sweets or puddings at the same time as giving your initial order, to avoid a second visit to the counter
- Once your order has been placed, you can then sit back and relax as a member of our kitchen team safely prepares your food. Once it is ready, your food and drinks will be brought to your table with cutlery and napkins. Salt, pepper and condiments will also be brought to the table
- Once you have finished, just leave everything where it is so a team member can safely clear away after you. The table and chairs will be then cleaned and sanitised ready for the next customers.
- Please follow the one-way system to exit
Please note that if you are seated outside and there is sudden inclement weather conditions, you cannot seek shelter inside the building unless social distancing can be maintained
If you are accompanied by children you are responsible for supervising them and ensuring that social guidelines are followed at all times and they are to remain seated.
How many people can sit together?
We have created enough space to ensure that all tables are at a greater spacing than before lockdown, with tables able to accommodate up to 4 people. We will not move tables around to ensure that we minimise any risk to others.
How long can I stay?
Although we will not be placing a time limit on your stay, we kindly ask that everyone be mindful of the fact that others might be waiting to take a seat, so as soon as you have finished your food/drinks, we kindly ask that you make your way back into the Garden Centre to continue with your shopping or exit via the one way system and through the exit door near the Garden Centre tills. If you have not already got a trolley then you can collect one from outside the Greenhouse.
You can still use your Dean’s Garden Centre loyalty card to collect points, however if it is not shown at the time of ordering we are unable to add points on retrospectively.
- Our customer toilets will be open and we have introduced the certain measures to ensure good hygiene, social distancing and cleanliness
- Please use the hand sanitiser at the entrance to the toilet lobby
- We have introduced a more regular cleaning regime throughout the day
- The toilets will open at 9.30am and close at 3.45pm each day for cleaning
Reminder – Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds and dry them properly after going to the toilet. Also be respectful to each other and maintain social distancing at all times
We look forward to welcoming you back and hope you enjoy your visit
Please note, these implementations are subject to review at any time, our priority remains to keep our wonderful team and customers safe.