Coffee Shops OPEN!< < Back to News & Events
We are delighted to announce that both The Bothy and Gardener’s Choice Coffee Shops reopened on Wednesday 2nd December. There isn’t a table booking service in place, please just turn up and a member of staff will endeavour to seat you as quickly as possible.
We politely remind you that both The Bothy and Gardener’s Choice Coffee Shops are located within a Tier 2 area. Therefore Government Guidelines must be followed, meaning separate households are NOT permitted to meet socially with friends and family indoors, unless you have formed a support bubble. The Government Guidelines state you must not socialise in a group of more than 6 people outside. Please note, if you reside in a Tier 3 area, for the safety of everyone, we advise you to adhere to the Government COVID-19 rules and regulations.
The Tier system is being reviewed on bi-weekly basis by the Government, where they will establish what Tier to place areas in. If anything changes with the Tiering system, we will endeavour to keep you up to date through the Website and Social Media. The first review of Tiers is expected on Wednesday 16th December.
Customers are more than welcome to sit outside, but please be aware you cannot move to an indoor table if the weather deteriorates, so feel free to bring a blanket with you!
Please remember, wearing a face covering is now law so please ensure you wear one within the Garden Centre, unless you are exempt from wearing one, as set out in the Government Guidelines. We appreciate your cooperation with this. Please ensure you wear your face covering properly, covering both your nose and mouth. Face coverings should also be worn within the Coffee Shop, when you are not seated at your table.
Here are some of the social distancing measures we have in place to help customers and our staff members to keep safe when visiting the Garden Centre.
If you are planning a visit, we’d love to see you, and we truly appreciate your custom but when visiting please remember:
- Both the York & Scarborough Garden Centres are open from 9.00am to 5.00pm Monday – Saturday and from 10.00am to 4.30pm on a Sunday (Browsing only until 10.30am).
- The Bothy Coffee Shop is open 9.00am – 4.00pm Monday – Saturday and 10.00am – 4.00pm on a Sunday (last food orders 3.30pm).
- The Gardener’s Choice Coffee Shop is open 9.30am – 4.30pm Monday – Saturday and 10.00am – 4.30pm on a Sunday (last food orders 4.00pm).
- We have a member of staff on the door at key times. The door greeter will inform you of any changes made within the Garden Centre and answer any questions you may have.
- We have a one-way system, on the main pathways of the Garden Centre. Our staff will be happy to guide and direct customers if required.
- Social Distancing – Be respectful to our staff and other shoppers. We have two metre floor markers at the tills and reminders throughout the Garden Centre. Let’s all give each other space.
- We are still limiting the number of customers in the Garden Centre at any one time. We have a designated queuing area outside and there are markers every 2 metres to help remind everyone to respect each other’s personal space. We will be operating a one out, one in system when we get to maximum capacity in the Garden Centre.
- Trolleys and Baskets are cleaned at the Entrance Door. Our trolleys are collected and cleaned down ready for you, please collect from the Entrance Door or at various points throughout the Garden Centre.
- Perspex Screens. We have installed perspex screens at the Information Desk and Tills.
- Please pay by credit / debit card if possible. We are encouraging contactless or card payments, but we are still accepting payment by gift vouchers, gift cards and cash.
- Please DO NOT enter the Garden Centre if you have any symptoms of COVID-19 including a high temperature, loss or change to your sense of smell or taste or a new, continuous cough. We have clear signs at the entrance doors regarding this.
As a business we are ensuring that additional cleaning of phones, staff radios, door handles, stair banisters, and credit card machines is regularly taking place to help keep our staff and customers safe.
We are closely monitoring advice and updates given by the Government, Public Health England, HSE and WHO.