Coffee Shops are OPEN!< < Back to News & Events
We are delighted to announce that both The Bothy and The Gardener’s Choice Coffee Shops reopened on Monday 17th May.
We do not have a table booking service in place, please just turn up and a member of staff will endeavour to seat you as quickly as possible. Once seated, please be considerate to those waiting for a table, and also customers waiting at the Garden Centre Entrance Door as once we reach capacity, we operate a one-out, one-in system.
We politely remind you that both The Bothy and The Gardener’s Choice Coffee Shops are still following Government Guidelines. Therefore inside of the Coffee Shop’s, the Rule of 6 or 2 households will apply. Customers are more than welcome to sit outside, but please be aware you cannot move to an indoor table if the weather deteriorates, so feel free to bring a blanket with you!
The Government are regularly reviewing the easing of limits and if any changes are announced, we will endeavour to keep you updated as quickly as possible through the website and social media platforms.
All visitors (over the age of 16) are now required by law to provide their name and contact details when visiting the hospitality sector. This can be done by scanning the Test and Trace QR code using the NHS COVID-19 app. The QR code will be displayed at the entrance to the Coffee Shop, please ensure you have your phone and app ready to scan, to enable us to seat you more efficiently. Alternatively, a staff member will take your name and contact details, which will then be given to the Test & Trace team if required. If you don’t provide us with the required information, unfortunately we will have to refuse you entry into our Coffee Shop.
Please remember, wearing a face covering is now law so please ensure you wear one within the Garden Centre and Coffee Shop, unless you are exempt from wearing one, as set out in the Government Guidelines. We appreciate your cooperation with this. Please ensure you wear your face covering properly, covering both your nose and mouth. Face coverings should also be worn within the Coffee Shop, when you are not seated at your table.
Here are some of the measures we have in place to help customers and our staff members to keep safe when visiting our Coffee Shops.
If you are planning a visit, we’d love to see you, and we truly appreciate your custom but when visiting please remember:
- Both the York & Scarborough Garden Centres are open from 9.00am to 5.00pm Monday – Saturday and from 10.00am to 4.30pm on a Sunday (Browsing only until 10.30am).
- The Bothy Coffee Shop is open 9.00am – 4.00pm Monday – Saturday and 10.00am – 4.00pm on a Sunday (last food orders 3.30pm).
- The Gardener’s Choice Coffee Shop is open 9.30am – 4.30pm Monday – Saturday and 10.00am – 4.30pm on a Sunday (last food orders 4.00pm).
- A member of staff will seat you at your table. They will ensure you have scanned the QR code with the NHS COVID-19 App or completed the Test & Trace from and answer any questions you may have.
- We have a one-way system, within the Coffee Shop. Our staff will be happy to guide and direct customers if required.
- Face Coverings. Please ensure you are wearing a face covering at all times, (unless you are exempt) when moving around the Coffee Shop. When sat at your table, a face covering does not need to be worn.
- Social Distancing – Be respectful to others around you. Tables are socially distanced and two metre floor markers are placed at the tills with reminders throughout the Coffee Shop. Let’s all give each other space.
- Perspex Screens. We have installed perspex screens at the Tills.
- Sanitising of Tables. Tables are sanitised thoroughly after every use.
- Please pay by credit / debit card if possible. We are encouraging contactless or card payments, but we are still accepting payment by gift vouchers, gift cards and cash.
- Please DO NOT enter the Garden Centre or Coffee Shop if you have any symptoms of COVID-19 including a high temperature, loss or change to your sense of smell or taste or a new, continuous cough. We have clear signs at the entrance doors regarding this.
Please note, many of our dishes are homemade and cooked to order, and although we always endeavour to serve our customers as quickly as possible, there may be some delays during the very busy periods.
We are closely monitoring advice and updates given by the Government, Public Health England, HSE and WHO.