Both Garden Centres and Coffee Shops are fully open!
We do not have a booking system in place within our Coffee Shops, please just turn up and a member of staff will endeavour to seat you as quickly as possible. Once seated, please be considerate to those waiting for a table.
With many restrictions being lifted from Monday 19th July, we would like to take the opportunity to tell you what our restrictions will look like from this date. COVID-19 has not gone away, so it is important we remain cautious. For the time being there will be minimal changes within the Garden Centres and Coffee Shops.
We politely ask that you continue to wear a face covering within the Inside areas of the Garden Centre and Coffee Shop, unless medically exempt. We appreciate your cooperation with this. Please ensure you wear your face covering properly, covering both your nose and mouth.
Here are some of the measures we have kept in place to help customers and our staff members to keep safe when visiting the Garden Centre and Coffee Shop.
If you are planning a visit, we’d love to see you, and we truly appreciate your custom but when visiting please remember:
- Our York Garden Centre is open:
9.00am to 5.00pm – Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday & Saturday
9.00am to 7.30pm – Tuesday
10.00am to 4.30pm – Sunday (Browsing only until 10.30am on a Sunday)
- The Bothy Coffee Shop is open:
9.00am – 4.00pm – Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday & Saturday (last food orders 3.30pm)
9.00am – 7.00pm – Tuesday (last food orders 6.30pm)
10.00am – 4.00pm – Sunday (last food orders 3.30pm)
- Our Scarborough Garden Centre is open:
9.00am to 5.00pm – Monday – Saturday
10.30am to 4.30pm – Sunday
- The Gardener’s Choice Coffee Shop is open 9.30am – 4.30pm Monday to Saturday and 10.00am – 4.30pm on a Sunday (last food orders 4.00pm).
- We have a one-way system, on the main pathways of the Garden Centre. Our staff will be happy to guide and direct customers if required.
- Sanitising Stations. They are still located throughout the Garden Centre and Coffee Shop, please continue to use them.
- Be respectful to our staff and other shoppers. Let’s all give each other space.
- Trolleys and Baskets are located at the Entrance Door. Please help yourself to our virucidal spray and blue roll to wipe your trolley down.
- Perspex Screens. We have kept the perspex screens at the Information Desk and Tills.
- Please pay by credit / debit card if possible. We are encouraging contactless or card payments, but we are still accepting payment by gift vouchers, gift cards and cash.
- Please DO NOT enter the Garden Centre if you have any symptoms of COVID-19 including a high temperature, loss or change to your sense of smell or taste or a new, continuous cough. We have clear signs at the entrance doors regarding this.
As a business we are ensuring that additional cleaning of phones, staff radios, door handles, stair banisters, and credit card machines is regularly taking place to help keep our staff and customers safe.
We are closely monitoring advice and updates given by the Government, Public Health England, HSE and WHO.
Your local, family run Garden Centre
Dean’s Garden Centre is a family run business serving local gardeners for over 50 years. Our York store in Stockton-on-the-Forest was opened in 1968 by Mr & Mrs Dean and the centre has gone from strength to strength growing to cover more than four acres.
In 1986 Dean’s decided to expand further and bought a former cut flower nursery in Scarborough and is now home to another successful garden centre.
We produce our own spring and summer bedding plants, herbaceous perennials and vegetable plants from our nursery site located just a short distance away from the York store. In the run up to Christmas we also produce an excellent crop of cyclamen.
We also have two popular coffee shops, ‘The Bothy’ at York and ‘Gardener’s Choice’ at Scarborough which serve hot and cold meals, drinks and snacks all year round so you can make a trip to see us as a day out for the whole family.
Dean’s is very much a family firm. When Mr & Mrs Dean retired in 1993 their 3 children took over the day to day running of the business and we are proud of being a local family firm with strong roots in the community.