Following Government guidelines, we will be re-opening the Garden Centre on Wednesday 13th May 2020. Please note, the Coffee Shop will remain closed for the foreseeable future.
Help us to help you – socially distanced shopping at Dean’s Garden Centre
Here are some of the strict social distancing measures we’ve put in place to help customers and our staff to keep safe.
If you are planning a visit, we’d love to see you, and we truly appreciate your custom but when visiting the Garden Centre please remember:
- We are open from 9am to 5pm Monday – Saturday and from 10.30am to 4.30pm on a Sunday.
- Only 2 individuals per household. This will allow more shoppers in the Garden Centre at any one time.
- Please no under 16s if possible. This is to help ensure that we all keep social distancing and can allow more shoppers in the Garden Centre at any one time. We understand there may be some circumstances a parent may have to bring an under 16.
- Have your shopping list ready. At the entrance, our helpful staff will ask you what you need and direct you to where your required items are within the Garden Centre.
- Be respectful to our staff and other shoppers. We have two metre floor markers at the tills and reminders throughout the Garden Centre. Let’s all give each other space.
- Please pay by credit / debit card if possible. We are especially encouraging contact-less payments, but we are also accepting payment by gift vouchers, gift cards and cash.
- We are strictly limiting the number of customers in the Garden Centre at any one time. This is a similar policy to other retailers such as supermarkets; we have a designated queuing area outside and there are markers every 2 metres to help remind everyone to respect each other’s personal space. We will be operating a one in, one out system when we get to maximum capacity.
- Inside the Garden Centre, a one-way system has been introduced for customers to follow. Our staff will be happy to guide and direct customers to products if required.
- Please DO NOT enter the Garden Centre if you have any symptoms of COVID-19 including a high temperature or a new, continuous cough. We have clear signs at the entrance doors regarding this.
Trolleys will be cleaned and sanitised by our staff, after each customer has returned their trolley. In addition, to further support social distancing, we have installed perspex screens at the Information desk and checkouts. As a business we are ensuring that additional cleaning of phones, staff radios, door handles, stair banisters, and credit card machines is regularly taking place to help keep our staff and customers safe.
We are reintroducing a local, no contact home delivery service to those “shielding” and those aged over 70, our normal delivery prices will apply.
For those of you that are able to visit us, the Garden Centre is open 9.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Saturday
and 10.30am to 4.30pm on a Sunday.
Please click the following link to find out how to place your order: https://www.deansgardencentre.co.uk/news-and-events/
Previously, the Garden Centre has been opened on a Tuesday until 8pm, and 6pm on most other days, however we will be currently closing at 5pm with the exception of Sundays (when the hours are 10.30am – 4.30pm, due to Sunday trading laws). As above, the Coffee Shop will remain closed until further notice.
As a business, we would like to thank all of our customers for their support and kind words over the last few weeks, and thank you to everyone who placed an order for delivery with us whilst during this time. The decision to re-open is one that we are doing carefully and thoughtfully, with consideration of our hard-working staff members, our loyal customers and our suppliers.
We are closely monitoring advice and updates given by the government, NHS and WHO.
Your local, family run Garden Centre
Dean’s Garden Centre is a family run business serving local gardeners for over 50 years. Our York store in Stockton-on-the-Forest was opened in 1968 by Mr & Mrs Dean and the centre has gone from strength to strength growing to cover more than four acres.
In 1986 Dean’s decided to expand further and bought a former cut flower nursery in Scarborough and is now home to another successful garden centre.
We produce our own spring and summer bedding plants, herbaceous perennials and vegetable plants from our nursery site located just a short distance away from the York store. In the run up to Christmas we also produce an excellent crop of cyclamen.
We also have two popular coffee shops, ‘The Bothy’ at York and ‘Gardener’s Choice’ at Scarborough which serve hot and cold meals, drinks and snacks all year round so you can make a trip to see us as a day out for the whole family.
Dean’s is very much a family firm. When Mr & Mrs Dean retired in 1993 their 3 children took over the day to day running of the business and we are proud of being a local family firm with strong roots in the community.