Following the Government announcement on Saturday 31st October, they have stated that Garden Centres can REMAIN OPEN during the lockdown period. This is great for people’s mental and physical health during this difficult time, enabling them to get out into the garden and grow plants! Autumn is the natural time for planting.
The safety of our customers and staff members remains our top priority and we will continue to monitor Government Guidelines and make any necessary adjustments to ensure we offer a COVID safe environment for everyone. Garden Centres offer one of the safest retail environments due to their large, open spaces both indoors and outdoors.
We expect more details to be announced, and will endeavour to update you as soon as possible if any changes occur.
Unfortunately The Bothy & Gardener’s Choice Coffee Shops will remain closed until Wednesday 2nd December.
We thank you again for your understanding during the last few months and your continued custom and support.
Stay safe everyone.
Help us to help you – socially distanced shopping at Dean’s Garden Centre
We politely request that you wear a face covering within the Garden Centre, unless you are exempt from wearing one, as set out in the Government Guidelines. We appreciate your cooperation with this. Please ensure you wear your face covering properly, covering both your nose and mouth.
Here are some of the social distancing measures we have in place to help customers and our staff members to keep safe when visiting the Garden Centre.
If you are planning a visit, we’d love to see you, and we truly appreciate your custom but when visiting please remember:
- The Garden Centre is open from 9.00am to 5.00pm Monday – Saturday and from 10.00am to 4.30pm on a Sunday (Browsing only until 10.30am).
- We have a member of staff on the door at key times. The door greeter will inform you of any changes made within the Garden Centre and answer any questions you may have.
- We have a one-way system, on the main pathways of the Garden Centre. Our staff will be happy to guide and direct customers if required.
- Social Distancing – Be respectful to our staff and other shoppers. We have two metre floor markers at the tills and reminders throughout the Garden Centre. Let’s all give each other space.
- We are still limiting the number of customers in the Garden Centre at any one time. We have a designated queuing area outside and there are markers every 2 metres to help remind everyone to respect each other’s personal space. We will be operating a one out, one in system when we get to maximum capacity in the Garden Centre.
- Trolleys and Baskets are cleaned at the Entrance Door. Our trolleys are collected and cleaned down ready for you, please collect from the Entrance Door or at various points throughout the Garden Centre.
- Perspex Screens. We have installed perspex screens at the Information Desk and Tills.
- Please pay by credit / debit card if possible. We are especially encouraging contactless payments, but we are still accepting payment by gift vouchers, gift cards and cash.
- Please DO NOT enter the Garden Centre if you have any symptoms of COVID-19 including a high temperature or a new, continuous cough. We have clear signs at the entrance doors regarding this.
As a business we are ensuring that additional cleaning of phones, staff radios, door handles, stair banisters, and credit card machines is regularly taking place to help keep our staff and customers safe.
We are closely monitoring advice and updates given by the Government, Public Health England, HSE and WHO.
We have now resumed our usual delivery days and prices. Please follow the link for more information. Changes to Home Deliveries
Your local, family run Garden Centre
Dean’s Garden Centre is a family run business serving local gardeners for over 50 years. Our York store in Stockton-on-the-Forest was opened in 1968 by Mr & Mrs Dean and the centre has gone from strength to strength growing to cover more than four acres.
In 1986 Dean’s decided to expand further and bought a former cut flower nursery in Scarborough and is now home to another successful garden centre.
We produce our own spring and summer bedding plants, herbaceous perennials and vegetable plants from our nursery site located just a short distance away from the York store. In the run up to Christmas we also produce an excellent crop of cyclamen.
We also have two popular coffee shops, ‘The Bothy’ at York and ‘Gardener’s Choice’ at Scarborough which serve hot and cold meals, drinks and snacks all year round so you can make a trip to see us as a day out for the whole family.
Dean’s is very much a family firm. When Mr & Mrs Dean retired in 1993 their 3 children took over the day to day running of the business and we are proud of being a local family firm with strong roots in the community.