Help us to help you – socially distanced shopping at Dean’s Garden Centre
Here are some of the social distancing measures we’ve put in place to help customers and our staff to keep safe when visiting the Garden Centre and Coffee Shop.
If you are planning a visit, we’d love to see you, and we truly appreciate your custom but when visiting please remember:
- The Garden Centre is open from 9.00am to 5.00pm Monday – Saturday and from 10.00am to 4.30pm on a Sunday (Browsing only until 10.30am). The Bothy at our York Garden Centre and The Gardener’s Choice Coffee Shop at Scarborough are now OPEN!
Please click the following link for further details on The Bothy and changes that have been implemented. https://www.deansgardencentre.co.uk/2020/07/09/the-bothy-is-reopening-on-friday-10th-july
Please click the following link for further details on The Gardener’s Choice Coffee Shop and changes that have been implemented. https://www.deansgardencentre.co.uk/2020/07/14/the-gardeners-choice-coffee-shop-is-now-open/
- Ideally only 2 individuals per household. This will allow more shoppers in the Garden Centre at any one time, however we realise if you are visiting The Bothy or Gardener’s Choice Coffee Shop you may be in a larger group.
- Children. If you are accompanied by children you are responsible for supervising them at all times and ensuring that social distancing guidelines are followed at all times and if you are visiting The Bothy or Gardener’s Choice Coffee Shop that they remain seated.
- Have your shopping list ready. Our helpful staff can direct you to where your required items are within the Garden Centre.
- Be respectful to our staff and other shoppers. We have two metre floor markers at the tills and reminders throughout the Garden Centre. Let’s all give each other space.
- Please pay by credit / debit card if possible. We are especially encouraging contactless payments, but we are still accepting payment by gift vouchers, gift cards and cash.
- We are still limiting the number of customers in the Garden Centre at any one time but the numbers have been increased due to the re-opening of the Coffee Shops. The tables both inside and outside have been distanced from each other. We have a designated queuing area outside and there are markers every 2 metres to help remind everyone to respect each other’s personal space. We will be operating a one out, and one in system when we get to maximum capacity in the Garden Centre.
- We have a one-way system on the main pathways. Our staff will be happy to guide and direct customers if required.
- Please DO NOT enter the Garden Centre if you have any symptoms of COVID-19 including a high temperature or a new, continuous cough. We have clear signs at the entrance doors regarding this.
Trolleys will be cleaned and sanitised by our staff, after each customer has returned their trolley. In addition, to further support social distancing, we have installed perspex screens at the Information desk and checkouts. As a business we are ensuring that additional cleaning of phones, staff radios, door handles, stair banisters, and credit card machines is regularly taking place to help keep our staff and customers safe.
We are closely monitoring advice and updates given by the government, NHS and WHO.
We have now resumed our usual delivery days and prices. Please follow the link for more information. Changes to Home Deliveries