We take the security of the information you give to us extremely seriously and that includes information that is personal to you.
How to Contact Us
By telephone on: 01904 400141
By email to: email@example.com
Writing to us at: Dean’s Garden Centre, Stockton Lane, Stockton-on-the-Forest, York. YO32 9UE
Processing your Data
We will comply with data protection law when it comes to the processing of your data. This says that the personal information we hold about you must be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes
- Accurate and up to date
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about
- Kept securely
Why we collect your personal data and the legal or legitimate reasons for doing so
We collect and process your personal data for the purposes of:
- Contact Us Form
When contacting us through our on-line contact form, we request your name, email address and telephone number. These are transmitted via email to our office personnel who use the information to deal with your query. This information is never shared outside of Dean’s Garden Centre, unless there is a complaint or problem with a product you have purchased from us. For further information see section ‘Who has access to your data’
In some circumstances, the data may be stored on our internal support system for further action.
- Customer Loyalty Card Holders
If you have a customer loyalty card, we request your name, address, postcode, email address and telephone number. Your data is also collected to add points to your card and to contact you should there be any issue with this service. This information is never shared outside of Dean’s Garden Centre.
- Marketing for Loyalty Card Holders
If you have signed up to our electronic newsletter, you consent for us to collect your email address which is shared with a third-party email marketing provider called Mailchimp. This data is then used to generate marketing material which you will receive periodically. You can unsubscribe to the newsletter at any time using the link provided in each newsletter
- Fulfilling a service when shopping in store
To provide you with our services, which may include contacting you regarding any orders you have placed with us, delivery of goods, product guarantees, complaints or enquiries sent via email and via our website
- CCTV within the Garden Centre
Images are monitored and recorded for the purposes of public safety, crime prevention, detection and prosecution of offenders
- Fundraising for our Charity of the Year
If you enter a prize draw, raffle, quiz or any other charity fundraiser which we may hold in store, we will keep your contact details for the purposes of contacting you should you win, personal details will then be destroyed after the winner has been contacted.
As part of our refund policy, we take details from customers who have returned/exchanged items purchased from us.
We only collect personal, sensitive information about our customers in relation to completing an accident form. On occasion, depending on the type of accident, we may have to submit a form to the Health & Safety Executive. For further information see section ‘Who has access to your data’
How long we keep your data
- All copies of paper orders containing your personal data are kept for 2 years plus the current year
- Emails and web enquiries containing personal data will usually be kept for 4 weeks from receipt of the enquiry. If they relate to a complaint they will be kept until the complaint has been dealt with satisfactorily
- Details kept on our EPOS system are stored indefinitely, but you may request its deletion by contacting us. For further information see section ‘How to contact us’.
Who has Access to your Data
Some of your information may be shared with:
- Relevant members of staff who need to know this information in order to provide our services to you. We will only share the information our staff need to know, in order to carry out their job.
- Our office personnel involved in the communication of email enquiries, online loyalty application forms and web enquiries
- If you have a complaint, problem or query with a product you have purchased from us, we may need to send your details to our supplier so they can investigate the issue further
Because the data we hold about you is your data, you have the following rights in respect of the personal data we hold about you:
- To be informed – you have the right to be informed about how and why we are collecting your data
- Right to access – this means that you can ask us for a copy of all personal data we hold about you
- Correction Right – if you believe that any of the information we hold about you is incorrect or out of date, you have the right to correct such information by providing us with the correct, up to date information. In addition, you can ask us to delete the incorrect or out of date information and we will be happy to do so unless we are prevented from doing so by law or regulation.
- Right to Erasure – you have the right to ask us to delete personal data we hold about you where such data is used for direct marketing purposes or is processed as a result of you consenting to such processing. Please note that we are obliged to keep your personal data because of a regulatory or legal requirement, we will not be able to delete the data and must continue to retain it.
- Right to Restrict Processing – in some limited circumstances you have the right to restrict the processing of your data.
- Right of Data Portability – you have the right to request a copy of the personal data we hold about you in a commonly used machine-readable format. We can provide your data either to you or to such other third party as you specify in your request.
- Right of Objection to Processing – you have the right to object to us using your data for direct marketing purposes and to profiling.
- Automated Decision-Making Objection Right – automated decision-making is where a decision is made entirely by technological means without human intervention. We don’t use or rely on automated decision-making.
If you would like to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us (preferably in writing) using the contact details as stated in the section ‘How to Contact Us’.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit to identify you. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as provide relevant information to you.
The table below explains the cookies we use and why.
Cookies used to collect information about how our visitors use our site.
We use this information to improve your experience. More information here: http://www.google.co.uk/intl/en/analytics/privacyoverview.html
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org
If you have submitted your personal data and later decide that you would like us to discontinue processing your personal data, you can choose to “opt-out”.
To opt-out please send an e-mail headed “Opt-Out” to us at York@deansgardencentre.co.uk specifying the processing activities you would like us to refrain from using. Upon receipt of a written opt-out, we shall discontinue processing your personal data as requested.
Please note unless encrypted, e-mail messages sent via the internet may not be secure and could be intercepted and read by someone else. Please bear this in mind when deciding whether to include personal or sensitive information in any e-mail messages you intend to send.
Third-Party Website Links
Right to Complain
If you have any concerns about our handling of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) by visiting:
https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephoning the ICO helpline on 0303 123 1113